ST PETER’S WAY
At St Peter’s the whole school community collaborates to pursue the endeavour that ‘Together, we will realise the potential God has given us’. All children, staff and parents/carers actively engage in this through The St Peter’s Way to ensure a happy and effective learning environment , which creates a solid foundation for confidence, resilience and life long learning.
We help everyone.
We are kind.
We are polite.
We are safe.
Our Christian Values
SERVICE – HOPE – LOVE – FORGIVENES – FAITH – WISDOM
At St Peter’s our Christian values underpin all we do. The breadth and depth of our curriculum is diverse and enriched to ensure the appropriate spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all the children.
We concentrate on one value during each term.
We place a strong emphasis upon the value of Pupil Voice, independent thought and learning skills. We help the children understand the importance of respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
We promote healthy and appropriate moral development and positive behaviour throughout all we do at school.
Each term children, staff and parents are asked to concentrate upon one of these values. We celebrate and share these values through all we do at school.
Bible quotes from our children.
These quotes were chosen from the Bible by children in Year 3, who had been working on making links between our Christian values and what the Bible teaches us.
Service– John 13: 14
“Now that I , your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.”
Hope– Genesis 8: 1
“But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth and the waters receeded.”
Love– John 3: 16
“For God so loved that world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not die, but have eternal life.”
Forgiveness– Hebrews 8: 12
“For I will be merciful. I will remember their sins no more.”
Faith– Jonah 2: 2
“In my distress I called to the Lord and he answered me.”
Wisdom– Proverbs 2: 6
“King Soloman said ‘ For the Lord gives Wisdom from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.'”
Our school prayer
We pray that our school and community may be full of your love.
Help us to be the people you want us to be
and to shine as your lights so that one day the world may be your kingdom.
Educational Aims for St Peter’s School
St Peter’s is a Church of England school where we strive to achieve excellence within a Christian environment. We aim to create a happy school with equal opportunities for all which will stimulate and nurture a sense of curiosity and thus enable children to reach their full learning potential. Each child should be encouraged to develop a sense of independence whilst promoting mutual support.
- To foster and stimulate a spirit of enquiry.
- To enhance pupils’ developments intellectually, aesthetically, spiritually and physically.
- To enable pupils to discover and develop their talents and to use their knowledge and abilities positively.
- To promote understanding and respect for others, to develop a sense of justice and compassion and to recognise and oppose all forms of prejudice where it exists.
- To foster a sense of responsibility and the realisation that each individual has a role to play in society.
- To encourage each pupil to care for and respect the environment.
- To develop a healthy self esteem.
- To enable each pupil to make informed, independent decisions and choices.
- To develop commitment and self-discipline.
- To help children achieve realistic goals in life.
- To prepare children for a future world of work, leisure and technology.
- To encourage an enjoyment of and enthusiasm for learning.
Our British Values
The government has outlined British values as:
THE RULE OF LAW
MUTUAL RESPECT FOR & TOLERANCE OF THOSE WITH DIFFERENT FAITHS AND BELIEFS AND FOR THOSE WITHOUT FAITH.
Schools are also guided by the Spiritual, moral, social and cultural guidance document (SMSC), which can be found here – DfE_Guidance